Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
VOC emissions are currently issued into the atmosphere in a large number of production processes that use organic substances. Current EU and national legislations establish maximum VOC emission limits for the various production processes affected.
- VOC emissions are one of the biggest environmental problems for many Industries nowadays
- Global warming generated by VOC emissions is 12 times higher than that produced by CO2
- VOC emissions are regulated by EU Directive 1999/13/CE
Tecam Group Technology to Treat VOC Emissions:
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer RTO
“The Versatile Solution”
• Air Volumes from 10,000 to 100,000 m3/h
• Medium to High Solvent Concentrations
• Wide Range of Solvents
Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer
“The Low-operating-cost Solution”
• Air Volumes from 1,000 to 30,000 m3/h
• Low to Medium Solvent Concentrations
Zeolite Rotor-Concentrator + RTO
“The Integrated Solution”
• Large Air Volumes containing Low VOC Concentration
Other Exhaust Gases
The best technology to treat VAM (Ventilation Air Methane) is Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO). The oxidation process is used to break down the CH4 into CO2, thus obtaining a performance of 99.9% methane destruction.
RTO technology allows taking advantage of the energy required for methane oxidation to perform cogeneration. Through heat exchangers energy is used to be transformed into steam, electricity or hot water.
The great advantage of using RTO on a landfill with several emission sources lies in the acquisition cost being similar to or lower than the cost of torches. It also allows taking advantage of the energy generated by oxidation for subsequent use through heat exchangers. All these benefits are achieved with a very low operating cost.
- Hoisting Machinery
- Public Works Machinery
- Diesel Machinery. Solution Designed for:
- Reducing civil work machinery NOx emissions. Advantages
- Easy to install in mobile machinery to ensure they comply with current legislation requirements
Tecam Group offers Active Carbon Filters for VOC emission treatment.