Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers RTO are the most widely-used oxidation technology nowadays for Volatile Organic Compounds VOC emissions treatment to be used with a wide range of solvents and processes.
Tecam Group designs, assembles, commercialises and installs equipment for VOC emissions treatment through Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers RTO technology.
Solution designed for:
- Air Volumes from 1,000 to 100,000 m3/h
- Medium to High Solvent Concentrations
- Wide Range of Solvents
- Adaptable for Small, Medium and Large Air Flows
- Wide range of VOC emissions to be treated
- Low Operating and Maintenance Cost
- High Thermal Efficiency
- Does Not Generate Any Waste
- Heat Recovery generated for External Processes
How Does RTO Technology Work?
Equipment Technical Characteristics:
The Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers RTO consist of towers housing a ceramic bed and a common combustion chamber where solvent oxidation takes place. The towers’ interior insulation and the combustion chamber, along with the use of more evolved ceramic materials, result in low equipment gas consumption.
A conical closing valve system achieves very high purification efficiency, avoiding VOC emissions going out untreated. That exclusive valve system also allows the equipment to be closed during overnight or weekend shut-downs, hence allowing the customer to keep a high temperature inside the RTO equipment, and thus a faster start-up, with lower equipment gas consumption for VOC emissions treatment.
- Air volume to be treated by the equipment: 1,000 – 100,000 m3/h
- Maximum solvent concentration: 11,000 mg/Nm3
- Solvent concentration for auto-thermal operation: 1.3- 1.7 g/ Nm3
- Operating temperature of the equipment: 750ºC
- Maximum outlet concentration
- Long life ceramic media
- 200 mm internal isolation for energy saving
- Thermal Efficiency > 95%
Some Project References with RTO Technology
Equipment Main Components:
- Combustion Chamber for VOC oxidation
- Main Fan
- Burner and Combustion Air Fan
- Ceramic Bed
- Operating and Maintenance Platform
- Process Valves
- Purge System
- Turn-key project including assembly and start-up
- Technical training for factory personnel
- Continuous monitoring Unit via internet
- 24-hour online assistance